The group organises panels at the annual Political Studies Association Conference each year and specialist workshops. Many of these have resulted in edited special editions of journal, such as on Assessing Political Leadership in Context: British Party Leadership During Austerity (edited by Toby James and Jim Buller, Parliamentary Affairs, issue 1 of 2015), Toxic Political Leadership (edited by Tim Heppell and Duncan McCargo, Representation 2011), or books such as the volume on Former Leaders (edited by Kevin Theakston and Jouke de Vries, Palgrave 2012), British Labour Leaders and Conservative Leaders (Biteback, 2015).
The next event will be:
- Women, Gender and Political Leadership, 15th May 2015
- PSA Annual Conference, Sheffield, April 2015
- Conservative Leaders, Autumn 2014, QMUL.
- British Labour Leaders, June 28th 2014, UEA London.
- PSA Annual Meeting, Manchester, April, 2014
- University of East Anglia, 2013-4
- PSA Annual Meeting, Cardiff April, 2013
- University of Leeds, November 2012
- Former Leaders, Leiden University, September 2010
- Leaders of the Opposition Workshop, Leeds University, July 2010
- Toxic Leadership, University of Leeds, April 2010
- Leaders of the French Fifth Republic, Oxford, May 2009
- Inaugural meeting, University of Leeds, October 2008
- PSA Annual Conference, University of Swansea, April 2008
- PSA Annual Conference, University of Bath, April 2007